Here are a few random predictions for 2008, most of which seem obvious. I won't be offended if you tell me I'm crazy.
1) Amazon music downloads will explode, causing Apple to re-evaluate both DRM and pricing on iTunes.
2) E-books will not take off this year.
3) Social networking spam will become unbearable, as tons of venture backed sites and technologies appear. Most will fail by the end of 2009.
4) The Wall Street Journal will becoming increasingly and inexplicably biased toward China and against Russia.
5) SOA hype will die down and real case studies dealing with large scale, enterprise deployments will show how this is an evolutionary technology that has passed the hype curve and is seeing real (and early) adoption.
6) There will be no widespread use of extended transaction models in large scale systems. (That one is for Mark!).