Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Business Intelligence on the move

A while ago, I predicted that the next generation of significant IT technology would center aroung business intelligence functions and that BI and BAM products were the launching pad for this development. That is of, course, just the start. Others are now seeing the connection between search and BI that I noted then. In my opinion, Oracle is in a very strong position in this area today, controlling a stack that includes integrated BI and BAM functions across the data tier, middleware and applications stacks. I'm pleased to see that Oracle is moving forward aggressively in both BI and BAM as a core of our Fusion platform and even more interested to see how well that movement is being received by end users. While this is just one of the key differentiators for Oracle's end to end story, I predict it will become increasingly important over the next two to five years.

No comments: